In the winter I’m a straight-up soupaholic. My client gave me this recipe that’s awesome with or without meat. I’ve been having it with any meal or time of day and wanted to share.
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced cabbage
- 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 15oz water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Lemon squeeze
- Salt and pepper
- Ground meat (optional)
- Sautée an onion, shredded cabbage, a pound of ground meat, or turkey if using.
- Once fragrant and caramelized, add the tomatoes and then fill the can with water.
- Add the brown sugar, squeeze of tomato paste, and optional 1/2 cup tomato sauce and lemon juice to keep color.
- Add about 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
- Optional to add in whatever other seasonings you want.
Have as much or little as you want to get more veggies in your day. It’s also great with spinach or beans stirred in.