SWEET AND SAVORY INSTANT POT TURKEY RECIPE
1 – Onion
3 – Carrots
4 – Stalks Celery
2 – Green Peppers
2 – Pears (or you could use apples)
1 – Turkey Breast
¼ – teaspoon Seasoning Salt
¼ – ½ – teaspoon Sage
¼ -½ – teaspoon Thyme
½ – cup Sweet Chili Sauce (no high fructose corn syrup)
1 – cup water
- Spray Instant Pot pan with a non-stick spray. If you don’t have an instant pot, do not worry you can make it in a cast iron dutch oven in your oven for an hour and a half.
- Press the saute button on your instant pot.
- Chop up your veggies – onion, carrots, celery, and green peppers. Don’t fear the green peppers as you cook them their natural sweetness comes out and it really adds that earthy and savoriness that you want in a dish like this.
- Chop up your pears or you can use apples if you don’t have pears on hand. This sweet element avoids having to use that sugary cranberry sauce with your turkey.
- Add chopped veggies and sautee them until they are soft and delicious.
- Add in the ¼ teaspoon of Seasoning Salt on top of cooked veggies.
- Add in half of the chopped pears.
- Add the turkey breast on top of the veggies and pears. (wash your hands after adding the turkey to the instant pot).
- Generously season the turkey and everything else with Sage and Thyme. Make sure all the flesh is covered with it, the more the better 🙂
- The secret sauce is using the sweet chili sauce, pour right over the turkey breast and veggies. You can substitute with apricot preserves and a splash of hot sauce or soy sauce if you’re out of sweet chili sauce.
- Top it off with the remaining pears and pour 1 cup of water in the center.
- Cover it up and set the timer for 28 minutes. Larger cuts might need more time 30-32 minutes.
- When done, remove the turkey from the instant pot and slice up to get it ready to serve.
- The turkey is done when it’s firm, completely white with no pink showing.
- Empty the sweet and savory veggies and pears into a nice serving dish and top with the sliced turkey.
- Enjoy your amazing tasteful turkey dinner!
Add your side dishes such as cauliflower rice, quinoa, roasted veggies or whatever you want to do. This sliced turkey is amazing for leftovers too, you can add a slice for a sandwich or a wrap.
* As an Amazon Associate & Influencer, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This will not affect you or your purchase or raise the price for you, Happy Shopping!