This recipe is from my new book and it’s too good not to share! Feel free to swap with whatever you have on hand now. Spaghetti squash is a great veggie choice as they are affordable, versatile and long-lasting. To get 30+ more easy, affordable and delicious recipes like these, check out YOU CAN DROP IT! on amazon now.
(Makes 4 servings, approx. 1½ cups each)
Total Time: 50 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 35 min.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti squash (see page XX)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange peel (orange zest)
- 1½ tsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts, unsalted, chopped, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 dash ground clove
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) or ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly coat 13 x 9-inch baking dish with spray; set aside.
- Combine spaghetti squash, oil, orange peel, maple syrup, cranberries, walnuts, garlic, cinnamon, onion powder, and clove in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer squash mixture to prepared baking dish; bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until squash starts to brown.
- Divide evenly among four plates and serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to four days.
- To make this a truly sweet and savory lunch, add ½ cup cubed cooked sweet potato to one serving of the squash mixture and pair it with Chocolate Sea Salt Shakeology (see page XX).
- To make this a simply satisfying dinner, skip the sweet potato in the lunch recommendation and just pair it with Chocolate Sea Salt Shakeology.