- 1 small – Onion
- 1 carton – Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 bag – Arugula or Spinach
- 1 cup – Organic Tomato Sauce
- 4 – eggs
- 1-2 teaspoons Earth Balance Light Butter Spread
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil or Cooking Spray
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup Feta or Mozzarella or Parmesan Cheese
- Wheat Bread
- Large Non-Stick Pan
Chop up the small onion. Add chopped onions and sliced mushrooms to a large non-stick pan with Olive Oil or cooking spray. Sautee until onions are done (will become translucent in color). Then add in the whole bag of Arugula or Spinach with 1-2 teaspoons of butter and salt and pepper. Wait for the arugula or spinach to wilt and then add in the organic tomato sauce. Mix up and cook until it starts to simmer. Then make 4 pockets, moving away the veggies and sauce and crack an egg into each of the 4 pockets you created. Simmer on medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken and there is no water in the pan (it’ll seep out from veggies). Then cover the pan and let the eggs cook about 8 – 12 minutes. Serve on plates and top with the cheese and a slice of wheat bread to scoop up the sauce.
If you make this Shakshuka Deluxe, please take a picture and share it with me @ilanamuhlsteinRD as I would love to see how your’s turned out!
* As an Amazon Associate & Influencer, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This will not affect you or your purchase or raise the price for you, Happy Shopping!